Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Drink Your Veggies? Really??????

Okay, so here's the deal with me................vegetables = YUCK!!!  Green and leafy?  No thanks!  Root vegetable?  You can keep it!  In my world vegetables pretty much consist of mashed potatoes, french fries (yes, I said FRENCH FRIES), corn on the cob (fully buttered of course!), and carrots.........HONEY GLAZED CARROTS!  Healthy right?  Not so much!  Look, I totally feel guilty about my lack of the "5-A-Day" in my diet.  I know I should be eating better.  I know vegetables are good for me.  I know this.  But yet, I cannot seem to make myself choke them down.

So, this past weekend I stumbled upon this whole idea of DRINKING YOUR VEGGIES!  Yep!!!..............you heard me right!!  DRINKING YOUR VEGGIES!!  I know, I know.........it sounds insane!  I am thinking the same thing!  I mean really, drink your broccoli?  Pound a kale and spinach smoothie?  Gross right?  Totally!!........at least I think it will be!  But the rapid weight loss results that I saw in this documentary that I watched (with wide eyed excitement mind you) and the immense health benefits that stemmed from drinking your veggies really got me interested.  Really got me excited!  Really made me want to hop on board this juicing train and ride it out to better health and a skinnier me!  Needless to say that by the time the documentary had ended my juice extractor was ordered and already on it's way!  Impulsive?  Maybe.  But I feel like I am game for anything that will get me back to skinny and healthy.  So........drink your veggies????  Count me in!!!

So this brings me to right now.  The night before "V-Day".  I am about to embark on a full on juice fast.  No food.  Just fruits and veggies which have been extracted into juices.  I will admit, I am scared.  SCARED!!!  The thought of NO food, NO snacks, NO anything other than my most dreaded food group.............vegetables!  I know the fruit juice blends will be a breeze but the idea of drinking spinach, broccoli, kale, and radishes has got me a little on edge.  How could that possibly taste good?  How will I ever be able to choke it all down?  And the bigger question, will this even work?  I mean, it worked for the guys in the documentary.  They were sucking weight like a wrestler.  I just hope I am as fortunate.  If I don't see instant success I am not sure how I am going to be able to stick with this.

I've heard Days 2 and 3 are the worst.  I wish I had a time machine so I could transport myself to Day 5.  I don't want to feel sick, yucky, and hungry all the time but I guess I will have to just tell myself that it's all in the name of health and it's not forever.  I pray I can survive this.  So..........here we go!!  Veggies?  Check!  Fruit?  Check!  Juice Extractor?  Check!  Lots of "interesting" recipes?  Check!  Wish me luck!  Day 1 starts tomorrow.  Yikes!!!

Documentary - "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" which is available to watch through Netflix streaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment